Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Bad Attitude" Day

  Today was a "bad attitude" day at work! It seemed like no matter how I tried to look at the work I had to do...I didn't want to do it.  I love my job, don't get me wrong, but this week I have been working all by myself and today I just couldn't find anything I liked in what I was doing.  Which got me to thinking...how many times in the last week have I had a bad attitude about my life outside of work.  I have to be honest, the answer shocked me.  I could not think of a single day in the last week that I have not had a bad attitude about some aspect in my life.  So, I have decided that I am going  to make a brief list of some of the things that are good...maybe even GREAT...in my life right now.
  I want to begin with my family. I have an AWESOME, strong, brave mother...she is my hero and I look up to her everyday.  She was the strength of our family when my dad passed away and even though I am sure she broke down when she was alone...she always put on a strong front for us.  She is my best friend and I feel I can talk to her about anything and I love having that kind of relationship with her.  I have two great brothers...both married which gives me two great sister in laws. My older brother has 5 wonderful children...they are my  little ones and I miss them everyday. They make me feel loved and wanted and they make me feel like a kid again. I love to hang out with them and go for 4-wheeler rides...and I cannot wait until christmas time when they come to visit from Iowa so that we can do just that again. My little brother and I have a special relationship...he is my rock. I look up to him because when my dad passed away he didn't hesitate to step up and fill the rather large shoes that my dad left behind.  He is smart and funny and I love just hanging out with him. he doesn't have any kids YET but his wife is cool and we have spent lots of time together. They too are coming here for christmas from Canada and I am excited. My little sister is my little sister. We don't always get along but I love her unconditionally and we have fun when we hang out...she is my friend and I just want her to be happy because she hasn't had many reasons to be for a long time now. I love her and she will always be a part of my life.
  Now for the best thing in my life right now...my boyfriend! He is amazing, perfect, funny, sweet, loving, good looking, supportive, crazy, a perfect fit, my rock, and I love him with all my heart. Ever since he has come into my life he has helped me deal with my little stresses and he makes me feel loved and beautiful and he is what I need to make it through everyday! He gives me butterflies and he loves my family just as much as I do and that is important to me because my family is a huge part of my life and I want him to accept that and be a part of that and he does both. He is a perfect fit in my life and I honestly believe that he is my soul mate. I love to spend time with him and when I have to spend days without seeing him I feel empty and alone and I hate it.
  My job is another thing I have going for me in my life right now. In a time when jobs are few and very very far between...I am lucky to have my job. I always feel like I accomplished something at the end of the day and that makes me smile. Times have been slow and I have not been out on the road as much as last year which is hard for me...I love to travel, but like I said...at least I have a job.
  My best friend, Jamie Warren, is another very important positive in my life. She may be shorter than me but I look up to her! She has been through so much and come out on top...she has been through things that I can't say for sure that I would have the courage to make it through. When I start to think that my life is hard and the trials I have are the worst ever...I think of Jamie and what she has gone through and the trials she has had to face and still faces today and how she still has a smile on her face...she is still happy and pushing ahead.  She is right beside my mother in the "Hero" department...she is an amazing, AWESOME person and I consider myself lucky to call her my Best Friend.  She has stuck beside me when I was sure that I had no one...she has been my friend through it all and I know that she will always be there for me and be my friend in the future through thick and thin. She makes me laugh and we always have a great time when we hang out.  There were several times that I thought I was losing her from my life...one of them a permanent loss, but she is still there and I know in my heart she always will be. My hope is that I can be the kind of friend to her that she has been to me. I love her like a sister, like a best friend...I am thankful everyday that she is a part of my life. 
  My little miniature pinscher, Shawntae, is truly a joy in my life. She is little and sweet and she loves me and just seeing her run out and meet me eachday when I come home is truly a joy for me. I have always wanted a little dog that I could cuddle with and take for rides in my car but could never afford one. I lucked out with her though because her previous owner just couldn't take care of her anymore so I got her for free and I have never regretted it. She is a sweety and brings a smile to my face and I love her so very very  much.
  So there you go...a brief list of a few of the positives in my life. I have the everyday stress of money and bills and "to do" lists and sometimes they seem to be way more than I can handle. Sometimes I just want to lay down and scream at the top of my lungs that I give up...they win and even though there have been times when I have just sat down and cried...somehow they work themselves out and things are all good again.
  So, I am going to try and start each day thinking about the positives in my life so that I have a good attitude going into the day. Maybe that will help me make it through each day without having the "bad attitude"...maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for choosing to have a good attitude. I have been through so many difficult times in my life, but it does no good to sit and mope. I choose to be happy everyday and I think that is the secret of life. I am happy you are willing to share such personal emotions with your friends and family, it really helps me understand what you are all about. Love you

Jamie said...

Awwww.... I made your list!! If I ever don't live up to your expectations, then feel free to put me in my place! :) I think writing posts like this are a great way to cope and deal with daily issues. I am happy you share your thoughts as well. It is very true, we ARE in control of our happiness!

Love you too!

Danie's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones