Thursday, April 1, 2010

31? Old? OH YEAH!!!

  This post will be short and sweet but none the less it is going to be a post. I just turned 31 and I have to be honest...I feel old! I wish that that was not the case because in reality 31 is really not all that old, but I FEEL old. I thought that by the time I was this age I would be married and have a kid or two, but neither of those have happened yet. Maybe someday...maybe not, who  knows.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't look old and I have no grey hair (yet) and so I have no idea what my problem is.  Hopefully I will get over this feeling that seems to be bringing me down...hopefully!!!
  On a different note, I did have a great birthday. I got great presents from my mom and siblings and I received a dozen of the longest Long-Stem roses I have ever seen in my life. I am 5'3" and when I stood next to them they hit me well above my belly button...THEY ARE TALL!!!  Anyway, I love everything I got and even though I didn't ask for anything I got tons of cool stuff. Thanks for all the b-day wishes and phone calls!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Your 31derful remember?! I understand your view on aging. I don't completely know how you feel, but I can try, right? It's a crazy world sometimes and as we all have learned some way or another, we can't plan what happens in our future.

I have quite a unique look at aging. Every year for me is a celebration~ So I am sorry that you feel down about aging. . . Your incredible in so many ways and every second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and yes, even years should always be a celebration!

Angela said...

I feel old too, not physically, but emotionally. I feel more like 45 than 30. I see all these college kids and they all have such big hopes and dreams and I know that most of them will never get what they seek for one reason or another. They have so much to learn about life.

My Dad used to say that each year you get older, you realize how stupid you used to be. It scares me to think in 10 years I will see just how stupid I was at this age.

So the point to my post is this, it is ok to feel old, it just means that you are getting wiser each year!

Take care and I miss you!

Danie's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones